UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas
UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas founded in 1997 is a centre of excellence that specializes in areas of training and courses, research and development, consultancy, and services. This centre has been placed under Resource Sustainability Research Alliance. At present, UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas has five key research fellows, two associate members and 30 post-graduate students. UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas has successfully made collaboration with local agencies. The agencies involved are Sabah Energy Corporation (SEC), Sabah Skill Technology Centre (SSTC), Duta Berkat Sdn. Bhd., KPRJ Petroleum Sdn. Bhd., ProEight Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia Petroleum Resources Corporation and Gas Malaysia Berhad (GMB).
UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas started as a committee named Petroleum Industry Training Committee (JLPP) in 1985. Members of the committee were PETRONAS, Factory and Machinery Department, Local Consulting Departments, the gas industry of local entrepreneurs and Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas formerly known as Gas Technology Centre (GASTEG) was established and officially launched by Yang Berhormat Dato’ Mustafa Mohamed on 2nd July 1997. On 4th October 1999, UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas had officially received full accreditation to organize training and examinations for Gas Fitters, Gas Engineers and Gas Engineering Supervisors from Jabatan Bekalan Gas Malaysia (JBEG). JBEG is now known as Jabatan Gas under the organization of Malaysia Energy Commission. UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas is the only institution that has received the accreditation in Malaysia. In line with its establishment, UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas has planned a wide range of activities and is actively recruiting professionals in the development of oil and gas industry.
Website : http://www.utm.my/mprc/
Assoc. Prof. Engr. Dr. Rahmat Mohsin (Institute’s Full Time Member)
- Gas Fuel Characterisation
- Gas Pipeline Safety Analysis
- Gas Pipeline Network Analysis
- Gas Pipeline Control System Design
- Gas Combustion System Design
- Catalytic Combustion
- Gas Pipeline System and Integrity
- Natural Gas for Vehicle System
- Renewable Energy System
- Gas Burner Design
- Gas Equipment Design and Safety
- LPG Storage System
- Software, Multimedia and Website Development
- Engine HINO H07C
- Engine Nissan RD28
- NGV Cylinder 100L
- Threading Machine Model 122A/300A/535A
- High Pressure Water Pump 7.5 kW
- Ametex Jofra Calibration Instrument Dry Block Mid-Range Temperature Bath 2 CTC 650A RS232
- Beamex CMX Calibration Maintenance Management Software
- Pressurement GE Ruska Hydraulic Deadweight Tester M2800
- DH Digital Piston Type 21000 DH Instrument
OUR SERVICES & PRODUCTS
- Services hub to provide training, accredited courses, seminar and education related to gas industry.
- UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas secured numerous research grants. Delivering into more intense effort to radiate knowledge into R&D.
- Industrially known for its excellent services, UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil & Gas acquired ISO17025 laboratory services through its active arms: UNIPEM and Calibration Laboratory Services (to be accredited)
UTM-MPRC Institute for Oil and Gas
N29A, Lengkuk Suria,
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia.
Phone: +607-5535653; Fax: +607-5545667
Website: http://gasteg.com/, http://www.utm.my/mprc/