Master of Science (Computer Science)
This program is designed for candidates who wish to obtain a more knowledge and skills in the area of Computer Science to become an academician or researcher. Graduates from this program have the necessary background to pursue Computer Science at the Doctor of Philosophy level.
PROGRAM EDUCATION OBJECTIVES
- To produce graduates who are equipped with the ability to independently acquire, develop & apply advanced computer science knowledge and skills to solve problems.
- To prepare graduates to be competent researchers and academicians in areas related to computer science.
- To produce graduates who have the ability to pursue higher qualifications at PhD level.
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline with CGPA ≥ 3.0 from UTM or other Institution of Higher Learning recognized by the University Senate. ORA Bachelor degree or any other equivalent qualifications; with relevant experience recognized by the University Senate.
- Application from international students must be accompanied by a proof of English Language proficiency certificate.
ICT Managers, Academicians, Researchers.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
|All students who are applying to UTM:
- Must have a valid two years certificate in TOEFL or IELTS
Students will be enrolled in a faculty programme without undergoing UTM English courses, if:
- TOEFL score: 550 (or 79 IBT) OR
- IELTS band: Band 6
Starting from Semester II 2010/2011,class will be teaching in English as a Second Language. So they must have:
- A valid two years certificate of TOEFL with a score 600 and above OR
- IELTS: band 7 and above (or IBT/CBT equivalent)
|However, students with:
- Low or without IELTS (Academic) OR
- Without IELTS/TOEFL OR
- Who will sit for the UTM English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT)
|Will have these options:
- Attend and Complete Intensive English Course (IEC) – Low Intermediate
- Attend and Complete Intensive English Course (IEC) – Intermediate
- Attend and Complete IELTS Preparatory Course (IPC)
Curriculum Structure for Master of Computer Science (Mixed Mode)
Tuition Fees for MSc Computer Science
For further information, please contact:
ASSOC. PROF. DAYANG NORHAYATI BINTI ABANG JAWAWI
(Academic & Student Development)
Faculty of Computing
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 UTM Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Tel : 607-553 2009
Fax : 607-553 8829
DR. MOHAMAD SHUKOR BIN TALIB
Tel : 607-07-553 8753
Fax : 607-553 8822 / 553 8829