The Production Laboratory sets to support for teaching, research and consultancy for the faculty as well as industries that drives manufacturing practical and innovation activities. Students and researchers are equipped with technical skills and facilities, allow creativity exposure through undergraduate project works, and may explore innovative possibilities at Masters and PhD level. It also caters for a wide range of manufacturing activities to students and researchers within the Faculty and University as well as to the industries. In 2003, the initiative of European Aid has given a high promotion to the lab as a teaching demonstration centre for SMEs in order to support advanced manufacturing technology (AMT) in CAD/CAM area, Machining technology and Additive manufacturing. One of the successful research projects under this initiative is the APoST and Easptra. The Production Laboratory was also listed as worldwide research centre in the Wohlers Report: Additive Manufacturing State of the Industry in year 2010.
The laboratory continues to provide its best service and activeness in research as well as industrial contact. For its long standing reputation, the Laboratory has started its initial initiatives in participation towards becoming part of a “Sustainable Laboratory” since 2011. The laboratory was also finalized for Citra Karisma 2012 in Safety laboratory practices.
- Khidzir Zakaria
- Rozaimi bin Saad (CAD/CAM Coordinator)
- Aidid bin Hussin (Assistant Engineer)
- Azizi bin Safar (Assistant Engineer)
- Ali bin Duki (Assistant Engineer)
- *Sazali bin Ngadiman (Assistant Engineer)
- Sukari bin Mamat (Laboratory Instructor)
- Roslin bin Yasak (Laboratory Instructor)
- Siti Norbiha binti A. Aziz (Laboratory Instructor)
- Siti Norasikin binti Sharip (Laboratory Instructor)
- Roslan@Iskandar bin Ismail (Laboratory Instructor)
Remark *: Won UTM technical assistant excellent staff in 2015