Model 2u2i @ UTM: Bachelor of Computer Science (Data Engineering)
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
The programme is designed:
- Obtain employment as computer scientist in local and global industries and organization, where they are competent in applying the fundamental knowledge, computational principles and skills in computer science to develop software of increasing size and complexity across different application areas.
- Demonstrate an ability to continue to learn throughout their career (i.e. professional, technical or postgraduate education) which can strenghten their analytical and critical thinking skills to position them to advanced computer science practice and to contribute to the intellectual foundations of the computer science discipline.
- Involve with a number of software projects that they are proficient in applying theoretical computing and knowledge in analysing, modelling, designing, developing and evaluating computing solutions.
- Becoming leaders or technopreneurs in computer science discipline.
- Demonstrate an awareness of professional ethics and social responsibility as computer scientist
Programme’s Learning Outcomes
|PO1 (Knowledge Understanding)||Ability to acquire theory and principles of Computer Science and Data Engineering and equip with social science and personal development knowledge.|
|Ability to apply theoretical principles of Computer Science and Data Engineering for analyzing, designing and developing computer system and adapt it in practice.|
|PLO 3 Practical Skills (PS)||Ability to integrate and demonstrate knowledge to solve real world industry problems through data engineering principles and methodologies, and propose IT related business solutions innovatively using current tools and techniques.|
|PLO 4 Communicating Skills (CS)||Ability to present technical solutions to a range of audience.|
|PLO 5 Thinking Skills (TH)||Ability to think critically and creatively in order to solve problems.|
|PLO 6 Scholarship (SC)||Ability to continuously integrate computer science and data engineering knowledge and skills through lifelong learning process.|
|PLO 7 Leadership & Team-working (TW)||Ability to lead and work effectively in a team to achieve common goals.|
|PLO 8 Adaptability (AD)||Ability to adapt and work effectively to the culture of new communities, works and environments.|
|PLO 9 Global Citizen (GC)||Ability to behave ethically, responsibly, professionally with integrity in carrying out duties and making decision.|
|PLO 10 Enterprising Skills (ES)||Ability to identify business opportunities and develop entrepreneurship mind-set and skills.|
SCSP 2u2i Curriculum Structure
For SCSP 2016/2017 cohort, please click HERE for the programme structure
To graduate, students MUST:
- Achieve a total of 125 credit hours with minimum CPA of 2.0;
- Pass industrial training (equivalent to 12 credit hours), which 4 credits will be graded & 8 credits as HW status;
- Complete the Industry Integrated Project (equivalent to 12 credit hours), which will be graded and with satisfactory recommendation from industry’s panel.