The Doctor of Philosophy, Field: Software Engineering is offered on a full-time basis. The full-time programme is offered only at the UTM Main Campus in Johor Bahru. The duration of study for the full-time programme is subjected to the student’s entry qualifications and lasts between three (3) years to a maximum of eight (8) years.
The programme is offered on full-time basis and is based on a 2-Semester per academic session. This is a full research programme. The candidate is supervised by a lecturer. The directed research work introduces candidates to the process by which new knowledge is developed and applied accordingly. Assessment is done by examining first assessment reports (research proposal), each semester’s progress reports, and thesis examination (viva-voce).
After having completed the programme, graduates should be able to:
- Apply knowledge critically to solve complex issues in a field of computing and digital technology through research.
- Investigate and comprehend new and complex information and problems from the field of computing and digital technology
- Apply research skills to solve complex issues and problems in a field of Computing and Digital Technology with high degree of originality and independence
- Collaborate with different people in communities ethically and professionally.
- Communicate effectively the results of research and scholarship by oral and written communication.
- Use digital technologies and software to support research works or studies competently
- Analyse numerical and graphical data using quantitative or qualitative tools in solving problems.
- Demonstrate leadership, autonomy and responsibility in conducting and managing research and resources.
- Exemplify self-advancement through continuous academic development.
- Initiate entrepreneurial project with relevant knowledge and expertise.
- Demonstrate respectable ethical research conducts and professionalism skills in an organization and society.
- Software Modeling and Specification
- Software Quality and Testing
- Software Usability and Reusability
- Software as Service
- Dependable Embedded Real-Time Systems
- Agile Software Development
- Intelligent Software Systems
- Model Driven Architecture
- Software Product Line
- Software Maintenance and Evolution
- Human Computer Interaction
- Intelligent System
IT Project Management, Informatik Dalam Masyarakat
Seminar on Global Development, Economic and Social Issues
Philosophy Science and Civilisation
Malaysian Society and Culture
- Programme Educational Objectives & Programme Learning Outcome
- Course Menu
- Course Synopsis
To graduate, students must:
- Achieve a total minimum of 3 credits hours with a minimum CPA of 3.0.
- Successfully defend a comprehensive oral examination (viva voce) of the thesis submitted at the completion of study.
- Graduation Checklist