CMED Academics Programmes
CMED is currently offering one main undergraduate degree program which is, Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical-Mechatronics) – [SKEM/SEEM]. Mechatronics Engineering is a new engineering field which combine engineering fields such as Electronic, Electric, Mechanical, Control, Software, Computer and Information Technology.
This field has become rapidly increasing and expanding within industries especially in manufacturing industry since the significance of micro processing and micro control is recognized its significance in industrial control. Furthermore, Mechatronics is the technology behind the smart products, which typically includes microprocessor, control system and mechanical field. An engineer equipped with knowledge, experience and specialization in Mechatronics field is a pre-requisite for any up and running industry.
Find out more details about SKEM/SEEM programme HERE.
CMED division offers two main modes of study for postgraduate programs, by research and by taught course. Overview of the offered degrees are shown below:
Doctor of Philosophy (Electrical Engineering) – (PKEE):
- Course mode is by research only
- Period of study is between two to six years. Full time or part time registrations are allowed.
- Four major research areas are control engineering, electrical power engineering, electronics & computer engineering and communications engineering.
- The degree is awarded based on a comprehensive examination (viva voce) of the doctoral thesis.
Master of Philosophy (Electrical Engineering) – (MKEE):
- Course mode is by research
- Minimum period of study is one year and the normal period is two years.
- Full time or part time registrations are allowed. Four major research areas are control engineering, electrical power engineering, electronics & computer engineering and communications engineering.
- The degree is awarded based on an oral examination (viva voce) of the Master’s thesis.
Master in Engineering (Mechatronics & Automatic Control) – (MKEM):
- Course mode is taught course
- Full-time or part-time taught course programmes are offered.
- Also offered in selected centers (KL, Penang, JB).
- The full-time study requires a minimum duration of three semesters, while the part-time programme takes about two years.
- For a Masters degree to be awarded, candidates must complete a minimum of 41 credits and achieve a final academic grade point of at least 3.0 CGPA.
Find out more details about PKEE, MKEE and MKEM programme HERE.