Master of Engineering (Wireless Communication and Network)
This programme aims to produce professionals with advanced knowledge and skills in the field of Wireless Communication and Network in line with the development of today’s communications technology. The program will also provide exposure in entrepreneurship and sustainability in technology and engineering to further contribute to the generation of talent and transformation leaders according to the current needs of the country.
Program Educational Objective (PEOs)
1. PEO1 Mastery of knowledge and competency in advanced areas of Wireless Communication and Network engineering field.
2. PEO2 Professionalism and high standards of ethical conducts within organization and society.
3. PEO3 Responsive to changing situations by continuously acquiring new knowledge and skills.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs):
1. PLO1 Attain advanced knowledge on theories, methods and applications related to Wireless Communication and Network engineering field.
2. PLO2 Demonstrate mastery in conducting research independently in solving problems related to Wireless Communication and Network Engineering through relevant analytical methods, simulations and/or experiments.
3. PLO3 Synthesize engineering knowledge through design and development.
4. PLO4 Plan and perform research undertakings responsibly, professionally and ethically.
5. PLO5 Communicate and express knowledge and ideas effectively.
6. PLO6 Continue life-long learning and apply technology for the betterment of humanity.
Compulsory Courses (15 credits)
MKET 1513 Sustainable Design, Engineering & Management
MKET 1523 Internet of Things Technologies
MKET 1423 Wireless Communication Systems
MKET 1313 Communication and Computer Networks
MKET 1433 RF/Microwave and Antenna Design
School Elective (Choose 3 elective courses and 1 free elective course)
MKET 1323 Broadband Multimedia Networks
MKET 1383 Satellite Communication
MKET 1393 Network Modeling & Performance
MKET 1413 Advanced Digital Communications
MKET 1533 Computer and Network Forensics
MKET 1543 Advanced Antenna Design
MKET 1553 Microwave and Millimeter Wave System Design
MKET 1563 Advanced Optical Fiber Communication
MKET 1573 Optical Communication Networks
MKET 1583 Entrepreneurship for Telecommunication Industry
MKET 1814 Research Project Proposal (Part 1)
MKET 1826 Research Project Thesis (Part 2)
University Elective (2 courses)
UHAX XXX3 (to choose from the list given by School of Graduate Studies)
MKEU 0013 Introduction to Research Methodology in Electrical Engineering
Please refer to the course synopses page for course description.