This is an advanced degree program that exposes and updates students to the cutting-edge technology and techniques in electronics and telecommunication engineering, advanced electronics in IC/microchip design, and communication and computer networks. This course covers all the major aspects of electronics and telecommunications and their applications to the design of electronics or telecommunication systems. Students will also acquire expertise in the use of computer packages available in these areas. Furthermore, opportunities exist for outstanding students on this program to continue with research leading to a PhD degree.
Program Educational Objectives (PeO)
- To produce postgraduates with multidisciplinary knowledge needed for designing,integrating and optimizing solutions, central to modern Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering systems.
- To produce postgraduates who are able to generate new knowledge, idea and technique in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering field.
- To produce postgraduates who are able to function in R&D research team and innovative industrial ventures.
- To produce postgraduates who are able to consistently perform their responsibilities ethically and professionally.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO)
Graduates from this program are expected to have the following outcomes:
- PO1: Attain advanced knowledge on theories, methods and applications in Electronic& Telecommunication field.
- PO2: Able to demonstrate proficiency in relevant analytical methods, simulations,and/or experiments to perform research.
- PO3: Able to critically solve problems and apply engineering knowledge in design and development.
- PO4: Able to plan and perform research undertakings responsibly, professionally and ethically.
- PO5: Able to communicate, and express knowledge and ideas effectively.
- PO6: Able to continue life-long learning and apply technology for the betterment of humanity.
Compulsory courses (12 credits)
MKEL 1123 Advanced Microprocessor Systems
MKET 1313 Communications & Computer Networks
MKET 1413 Advanced Digital Communication
MKEL 1173 Advanced Digital Systems
Elective courses* – Choose 5 courses (15 credits, may include 1 course from other program)
MKEL 1113 Nano-electronic Devices
MKEL 1133 Integrated Circuit Testing
MKEL 1143 Advanced Digital Signal Processing
MKEL 1223 Random Process
MKEL 1233 Image Processing
MKEL 1243 Software Engineering
MKET 1323 Broadband Multimedia Networks
MKET 1333 Optical Communications
MKET 1383 Satellite Communication
MKET 1393 Network Modeling & Performance
MKET 1423 Wireless Communication Systems
MKET 1433 RF/Microwave & Antenna Design
MKET 1463 Advanced Communication Electronics
MKEL 1263 Special Topic in Electronic Engineering
MKET 1453 Special Topic in Telecommunication Eng.
Masters Project (10 credits)
MKEL 1814 Research Project Proposal (4 credits)
MKEL 1826 Research Project Thesis (6 credits)
Other required courses (6 credits)
U*** ###3 Non-technical subject
MKEU 0013 Introduction to Research Methodology in Electrical Engineering
Please refer to the course synopses page for course description.