Implementation of Undergraduate Project (UGP) 1 and 2
All students are allowed to complete their UGP 1 and in semester 2, 2019-2020. Nevertheless, students who are unable to proceed with the current project, will be allowed to continue their work (UGP 1 and 2) in Semester 3, 2019-2020.Supervisors are required to fill in the information in the google sheet, which has been provided. Students who are agreed to continue their UGP (1 and 2) in the semester 2, 2019-2020, are required to submit all the related documents for the UGP assessment.However, this does not mean that students can continue doing field test or conducting experiment in lab in Semester 3. Any changes of rules and regulation will be notified.
Students are required to contact respective supervisor to decide whether the UGP course (1 or 2) can be resumed in semester 2 or to be postponed in semester 3, 2019-2020.
Please continue to share the following information with the respective supervisor.
- Internet quality to upload videos to Youtube or other plaforms.
- Internet quality to receive Whatsapp video call.
- Ability to attend any online meeting by Google Meet or Webex.
Summary of implementation of the Undergraduate Project (UGP) 1 and 2
1. Students are required to submit a UGP 1 draft of thesis to the supervisor.
2. Students are also required to prepare a presentation video, which will be evaluated to replace the conventional UGP 1 oral presentation. Subsequently, students will receive a set of review and evaluations comment, which aim to improve the student draft of thesis. At this stage, only the supervisor will monitor additional improvement of the draft.
3. The deadline for submitting the draft of thesis and presentation video to the supervisor is on Monday, June 22, 2020, before 4pm.
1. Students are required to submit a UGP 2 draft of thesis and a technical paper to the supervisor.
2. Students are also required to prepare a presentation video, which will be evaluated to replace the conventional UGP 2 oral presentation. Subsequently, students will receive a set of review and evaluations comment, which aim to improve the student draft of thesis. At this stage, only the supervisor will monitor additional improvement of the draft.
3. Students are also required to be available in an online Q&A session which will be conducted online. The date and time for this session will be notified at a later date.
4. The deadline for submitting the draft of thesis, technical paper and presentation video to the supervisor is on Monday, June 22, 2020, before 4pm.
5. The online Q&A session will be conducted from Monday, June 29, 2020 to Thursday, July 2, 2020. This session will take place around 10 minutes only.
1. Video presentation is a video, which explains the content of UGP 1 or UGP 2. These videos will be made by the students to replace the conventional UGP presentations.
2. The presentation of the video or guidelines are as follows, however students are encouraged to use their own creativity. Below are the suggestions which act as a guideline :
- Student presentations are recorded in front of smartphone or other recording device.
- Slide presentations are recorded which includes the student voice in narrated slide
- Record videos using smartphone and placed it into PowerPoint slides, alternating with narrated slide
- Record a computer screen for presentations.
3. However, students are required to follow the rules as follows :
- Please save the video using the student ID no and student name, for example, “AM11223344-Ahmad.mpeg4”.
- The content must be within 10 to 15 minutes. The maximum duration is 15 minutes only.
- The video should start with displaying student name, student ID no, phone number and email.
- Face recording is necessary. However, face recording can be done alternatingly with the recording of slide/content. It is advisable that in the first 1-2 minutes of the presentation, student can show their face especially in the introduction section.
- Students are allowed to used any type of software for recording and editing. However, student must be involved in doing the work.
- Any presentation in the theme of “documentary video” is not accepted as a UGP presentation video.
4. Students need to send the file of video presentation to their supervisors. Alternatively, students can also upload the video to YouTube or any sites, which is accessible to the supervisor. If this is adopted, student can send the link only without having to send the file of video presentation. The supervisor will then submit the video to the UGP assessment panel. The UGP panel will contact the student to notify that the video presentation has been received and accessible.
5. For UGP 2, the schedule for online Q&A will be displayed on the website and will be emailed to the student.
PSM Online – Notes and Tips